Friday, April 25, 2008

Harry Potter

When Andrew was 4 he had two favorite movies, Harry Potter and Star Wars Episode I. Since then he has had nothing to do with Harry Potter. Then in February, out of nowhere, he started reading the Harry Potter books beginning with book 2. He couldn't get enough of it. He read constantly. I could only get him to stop to eat and barely to go to school. He read all 6 books in a month and a half. I am glad he loves to read.
Here he is reading...pretty much everywhere we went.

3 comments:

kt said...

Maddie totally fell in love with the Harry Potter books this summer (we tried the first book last year, but it brought on nightmares, so we decided to wait a little while). She read all 7 books in 2 weeks, of course this was summer, so no school to slow her down. Though I instituted reading breaks when Maja complained she had no one to play with. We're now into Nancy Drew...

Heather Bird said...

Steph,

My twins are also reading Harry Potter and loving it. They have also read all the books and it is like pulling teeth to get them to do anything else. You inspired me to start a Blog check it out. Thebirdhouse6.blogspot.com

Love Ya,

Heather

Alicia said...

That is awesome that Andrew likes reading so much. I hope our kids like to read, there is nothing better than a good book. Although I am sure Scott would disagree. :)